The new president of
Negotiations on the border will continue
«We are pleased that the wise Kyrgyz people have elected a worthy president. We are satisfied with the results of the presidential elections in
And then, he told that negotiations on the delimitation of the border took place. The two presidents expressed to each other everything they thought about the controversial and conflict issue.
I think that today we have also moved forward and will move forward in pressing border issues.Shavkat Mirziyoyev
As of today, 85 percent of the Kyrgyz-Uzbek border is demarcated. Presidents Almazbek Atambayev and Shavkat Mirziyoyev even managed to sign the corresponding agreement. But there is no need to wait that the remaining 15 percent will be described at the same speed.
Government working groups work, they have demarcated more than
Millions for import
Following the visit of Sooronbai Jeenbekov to
Uzbek banks will open financing up to $ 100 million to their colleagues from Kyrgyzstan. This money can be used by entrepreneurs of the Kyrgyz Republic to purchase goods, raw materials and other components in Uzbekistan.Minister of Economy of Kyrgyzstan Artem Novikov
«In such a way we are increasing the financial and economic potential of our enterprises for cooperation with
A trade and economic session was held during the visit of the President to
«During the trade and economic session, the signing of both export and import contracts for the supply of products to
Following the results of the trade and investment session between Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan, 12 agreements were signed on three blocks.
Minister of Foreign Trade of Uzbekistan Jamshid Khodzhaev and Minister of Economy of Kyrgyzstan Artem Novikov signed an agreement on the development of cooperation in the field of trade finance and a joint action plan for the development of trade economic, investment and transport-communication cooperation.
Other four documents concern the cooperation of the chambers of commerce and industry of the republics and regional branches of arbitration courts.
Business structures of the two republics have signed six agreements. So, Uztrade JSC and Adel Plus LLC have agreed on cooperation. «UZAGROEXPORT» and «Osh Selkhoz Product» LLC signed a contract for the supply of fruit and vegetable products to
In addition, Viva Tex LLC has concluded contracts with FLATNITTEXTILE and NavoiyArtTextile for the delivery of half-wool yarn to
New old routesMost of all agreements concerned the transport sphere. As a result of the talks, the parties agreed to increase the number of flights, freight and passenger traffic both by road and rail.
«Since December 29, the Kyrgyz Company Air Manas has launched a regular flight Bishkek-Tashkent. It will fly twice a week. Starting from 2018, we will resume two flights from the Kyrgyz and Uzbek sides in
As for road transport, it’s not about opening of new routes, but about resuming the old ones. Until 1999, there were 44 routes from
From 2018, passenger bus services will be resumed. Now it is about southern directions. For example, Osh-Kokand-Bukhara-Tashkent and Leilek-Tashkent-Bishkek routes are expected to be launched. There will be routes from Jalal-Abad, Kyzyl-Kia and other cities.
«In October, Tashkent-Osh-Irkeshtam-Kashgar auto race was successfully held. Since the New Year, we will resume cargo transportation from Kashgar to
The issue of the movement of freight cars through Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan to the southern regions was also raised. Tashkent agreed to give a discount to the internal tariff, but the decision was not finally made. Delegations of the two countries will meet on December 25 to continue negotiations.
«The Uzbek side expressed its desire to participate directly in the construction of China-Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan railway. We are already negotiating with the PRC. On December 25, direct talks of all interested parties will be held in