16:50
+27
USD 68.71
EUR 80.62
RUB 1.16
English

Reconstruction of At-Bashi HPP to begin in November 2018

Reconstruction of At-Bashi HPP will begin in November 2018. Electric Stations OJSC informed 24.kg news agency.

According to its data, an agreement was signed between the governments of Kyrgyzstan and Switzerland, another agreement on providing financial assistance for the project «Reconstruction of At-Bashi Hydropower Plant» was signed in May 2013.

It is reported that the project budget is 24.7 million Swiss francs, 80 percent (18.9 million) of the grant is allocated by the Swiss government and the remaining 20 percent is the contribution of the Kyrgyz energy company.

The consultant of the reconstruction project was the Swiss consulting company Stucky Ltd, which will receive almost two million francs for its service.

At the first stage of reconstruction, General Electric will replace the electromechanical equipment, which has already measured the HPP to prepare design documentation of electromechanical equipment for its production and replacement at the facility, as well as preparatory work to mobilize the contractor’s personnel.

The reconstruction is expected to be completed in early 2021, the power company notes.

Popular