21:41
USD 89.02
EUR 94.77
RUB 0.95

Orhan Inandi’s case: Accused remanded in custody

Trial of the director of Sapat international educational institution Orhan Inandi, who was kidnapped by the special services of Turkey, continued in Ankara on Thursday. Local media report.

The defendant and his lawyers attended the hearing.

In his speech, Orhan Inandi recalled that "he learned about the so-called Hizmet movement, which is considered a terrorist organization in Turkey, during his student years, and since 1995 he began working at the Sebat educational network.

He noted that at one time he informed the embassy about the activities of the international school, which operates in the Kyrgyz Republic on legal grounds, and that it was supported by the authorities of both countries.

In his speech, he also stressed that he had never received instructions from the founder of Hizmet movement Fethullah Gülen. At the same time, he indicated that he briefly stayed at the mansion of Fethullah Gülen in the United States, said prayers and had conversations there.

He clarified that he had never used ByLock app, FETO’s secret communications program.

The director of Sapat also noted that he does not accept the charges, stressed that he did not give instructions to anyone on behalf of FETO and demanded his release. However, the judge denied his request.

As a result, the court remanded Orhan Inandi in custody. The hearing will continue on April 14.

Orhan Inandi went missing on May 31, 2021. The wife of the president of Sapat international educational institution Reihan Inandi appealed to the president Sadyr Japarov four times with a request to help in search for her husband.

On July 5, 2021, the President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on the air of the state TV channel TRT Haber that Orhan Inandi, one of the so-called top leaders of FETO, had been captured and taken to Turkey.

On July 6, the President of Kyrgyzstan Sadyr Japarov said in an interview that the government would demand Inandi’s prompt return to Kyrgyzstan.

The Foreign Affairs Ministry of Kyrgyzstan submitted a diplomatic note to the Turkish Ambassador, Ahmet Sadik Dogan, asking Turkey to return Inandi to Kyrgyzstan. The Main Internal Affairs Department of Bishkek reported that Orhan Inandi, director of Sapat, has dual citizenship.

By the decision of the Ankara court, Orhan Inandi was taken into custody until February 3. In court, he told that he was tortured at the police station. The Prosecutor General’s Office asked to sentence the kidnapped director of Sapat Orhan Inandi to 22 years and six months in prison.

Popular