The President Sadyr Japarov signed a decree on the emergency situation in the energy sector of the Kyrgyz Republic.
To take urgent measures to bring the Kyrgyz Republic out of the energy crisis associated with climate challenges, low water inflow in Naryn River basin, shortage of generating capacities amid rapidly increasing energy consumption, in accordance with Article 5 of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic on Civil Protection, the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic on Renewable Energy Sources, guided by Articles 66, 71 of the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, it is decided:
From August 1, 2023 to declare an emergency situation in the energy sector of the Kyrgyz Republic with a validity period until December 31, 2026.
The Cabinet of Ministers, within a week, in accordance with the established procedure, to grant the Ministry of Energy the right to choose and allocate land plots suitable for the use of renewable energy sources with their subsequent transfer to the Green Energy Fund under the Cabinet in accordance with the Decree on issues of transfer of land intended for the use of renewable energy sources dated March 23, 2023 № 62;
- Grant the exclusive right to the Minister of Energy of the Kyrgyz Republic for the period of the emergency situation in an operational manner;
- Carry out general coordination of the activities of the Deputy Ministers of Agriculture of the Kyrgyz Republic, Natural Resources, Ecology and Technical Supervision of the Kyrgyz Republic in charge of land and water resources, subsoil use, directors of the Institute of Water Problems and Hydropower of the National Academy of Sciences of the Kyrgyz Republic, Cadastre state institution, Kyrgyzgeology state enterprise, heads of local state administrations in terms of the implementation of energy sector projects in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Make proposals for dismissal of the officials specified in the second paragraph of subparagraph 2 of paragraph 2 of this decree in case of improper implementation of measures related to execution of this decree;
- Conduct an inventory of land plots suitable for the use of renewable energy sources, and from September 1, 2023, in accordance with the established procedure, initiate termination of the rights to use land plots intended for the construction of energy facilities that are not used for their intended purpose or for which work has not begun on the development of a feasibility study, design and construction of energy facilities;
- State enterprises, joint-stock companies with state participation and their subsidiaries in the energy industry are allowed to purchase goods, works and services from a single source as part of the implementation of measures related to the introduction of the aforementioned emergency situation regime;
- Establish the personal responsibility of the Minister of Energy for the proper execution of this decree.