22:49
USD 69.40
EUR 81.11
RUB 1.02

Kyrgyzstan plans to complete delimitation of borders with Uzbekistan, Tajikistan

Kyrgyzstan has delimited 85 percent of its border with Uzbekistan. Negotiations on the remaining 15 percent are in progress. The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic Erlan Abdyldaev said today at a press conference.

According to him, the next round of negotiations has recently been held, during which a certain number of kilometers of the border has been delimited.

In addition, 520 kilometers of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border have been demarcated and ready for signing. This is more than a half of the entire length of the border, the minister said.

«It is necessary to bring the legal basis in line. If Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan find a common language in this matter, the delimitation will be completed in the near future,» Erlan Abdyldaev said.

However, the border mountain Ungar-Too in Aksy district of Jalal-Abad region was not included in the list of border delimitation agreements.

«A good decision, taking into account the interests of Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan, will be made on the mountain,» said Erlan Abdyldaev.

He noted that there were many incidents on the Kyrgyz-Uzbek border in previous years. «In 2017, their number reduced sharply. There is an agreement between the border agencies on the non-use of weapons against the civilians,» Erlan Abdyldaev added.

Popular