USD 84.80
EUR 102.40
RUB 1.15

Chief of border services of Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan examine border incident scene

A meeting of the Chairman of the State Border Service of Kyrgyzstan Ularbek Sharsheev and the Commander of the Border Troops of Uzbekistan, Ruslan Mirzayev, took place in Zarkent settlement, Tashkent region. The Public Relations and Media Department of the State Border Service of Kyrgyzstan reported.

The meeting was held by order of the prime ministers of the two states for a thorough investigation into the incident that occurred on April 7. The heads of the border agencies discussed the situation in the Kyrgyz-Uzbek section of the state border.

«The parties came to the conclusion that previously reached separate protocol decisions are not fully implemented and require further refinement, taking into account the new level of Kyrgyz-Uzbek relations. The border delegations inspected the scene of the incident together with the heads of state administrations and representatives of law enforcement agencies of the border areas. A joint working group was set up for the investigation of the incident on April 7,» the ministry said.

The Kyrgyz side drew the attention of the Uzbek delegation to two incidents, involving the use of weapons by Uzbek servicemen, which had occurred since the beginning of 2018 on the state border.

The agency noted that in April an extended session of the border representatives of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan is planned, at which issues of border cooperation will be discussed.

«Following the working meeting, the heads of the border agencies signed a protocol in which they pledged to ensure strict observance and implementation of intergovernmental agreements on border issues, decisions and agreements between the heads of border agencies of the Kyrgyz Republic and Uzbekistan,» the Border Service of the Kyrgyz Republic noted.

Recall, on April 7, Uzbekistan’s border guards shot a Kyrgyz citizen, resident of Kurulush village in Aksy district of Jalal-Abad region, dead. The 34-year-old man at the time of the incident was on the territory of Kyrgyzstan and headed towards Mamai settlement.