19:55
USD 68.90
EUR 80.95
RUB 1.04

Specialists established the cause of mass food poisoning at wedding in Bishkek

Laboratory tests of samples, taken after mass food poisoning in Ala-Too restaurant, have been completed. The Bishkek State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision Center reported.

The cause of the poisoning was a Thai soft-fried chicken, where salmonella bacteria were found. The results of tests of samples, taken from patients, also revealed salmonella bacterium.

«Since salmonella was found only in samples of cooked finished products (it was not found in the samples of raw products), we can say that the technology of preparing the food and its storage conditions has been violated,» the service stressed.

Work to eliminate the causes of the mass food poisoning continues, in connection with this, today, on April 5, disinfection of the restaurant kitchen is carried out.

As of April 5, at least 94 people are receiving inpatient treatment in the Republican Clinical Infectious Disease Hospital, and other 36 people are in treatment organizations in Chui, Naryn and Issyk-Kul regions. More than 230 people have reportedly suffered.

The restaurant is closed for an indefinite period. A criminal case has been opened.

Popular