The human rights organization Human Rights Watch published a letter to the President of Kyrgyzstan Sooronbai Jeenbekov.
In a letter on behalf of the organization, Hugh Williamson, Executive Director of HRW Division for Europe and Central Asia, made recommendations for improving the human rights situation in
In particular, the human rights defenders recommend:
- Address election shortcomings;
- Stop the crackdown on critical media;
- Provide accountability for June 2010-related abuses;
- Free Azimzhan Askarov;
- Reaffirm the importance of civil society;
- End torture;
- Robustly implement
’s new domestic violence law; Kyrgyzstan
- End discrimination of LGBT people;
- Ratify the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.