11:42
USD 84.80
EUR 99.12
RUB 1.17

Almost 80 percent of Kyrgyzstanis not exceed electricity consumption limit

Almost 80 percent of the population of Kyrgyzstan does not exceed the set electricity consumption limit of 700 kilowatt-hours. The Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan Sooronbay Jeenbekov said this at a meeting of the parliament today.

One of the deputies asked about the tariffs for electricity.

«This issue is raised everywhere in the country, in Naryn, Toktogul and all other mountain regions. They also ask to increase the social norm. But 80 percent do not exceed the limit. It’s enough. And the remaining 20 percent have the opportunity to pay more. An entire program has been developed on the tariffs," the Prime Minister explained.

Currently, from October 1 to May 1, residents of the highlands pay 77 tyiyns for consumption of up to 1,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity.

Earlier it was reported that tariffs for electricity and heating for final users will not be raised until the end of 2017.

Popular