19:25
USD 69.32
EUR 79.85
RUB 1.05

Kyrgyzstan compiles schedule of transition to digital television

Kyrgyzstan is ready for transition to digital television. Director of the State Committee of Information and Communication Bakyt Sharshembiev said at a meeting of Kyrgyzstan parliamentary faction.

According to him, the agreement on the transition to digital TV was signed in 2006 in Geneva (Switzerland). The transition process has been divided into four stages. Construction of technical facilities is now being finalized.

At the time, 95 percent of the country is covered by digital TV, the remaining 5 percent will be covered till May 2017.

Bakyt Sharshembiev
According to him, it is planned to turn off the analog broadcasting and switch to digital one on May 15. All technical aspects of the problem have been solved, a schedule of gradual transition to it has been compiled.

Popular