Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan Sooronbay Jeenbekov voiced shortcomings in the work of law enforcement agencies. He stated this today at a meeting of the board of the Ministry of Internal Affairs on the results of 2016.
The Prime Minister appreciated the position of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. He was impressed by the self-critical analysis of the activities of agencies and law enforcement officers. However, he immediately mentioned the shortcomings:
- Poor detection of theft.
- Lack of fight against organized crime.
- Detection of crimes related to drug addiction and drug trafficking.
- The lack of results after the formation of the Patrol Police.
- Negligence and irresponsibility.
- Insufficient professional level of individual police officers.
- Bribery and lack of control by the management departments of internal affairs bodies.
Sooronbay Jeenbekov stressed that the main tasks of the Ministry of Internal Affairs are the reform of the law enforcement system, optimization of Department of Internal Affairs, reduction of the central office of the Interior Ministry and regional administrations, increasing the number of district and juvenile inspectors in cities, districts and villages.
The Prime Minister stressed the importance of revising the personnel policy to provide equal opportunities and career development for employees, taking into account their professional quality features.