Modified banknotes are put in circulation in Kyrgyzstan, a member of the National Bank's Board Almaz Sydykov said today at a press conference.++
According to him, within the framework of replenishment of supplies, it was decided to issue modified banknotes of the fourth series. They will operate on a par with banknotes, issued earlier.
"When making the banknotes of the fourth series, the experience of the previous series of the banknotes was taken into account. At the same time, the size of notes and portraits on them were preserved. The production technique and year mark in new banknotes were changed. New banknotes are made, using hand-engraving, not microfont, as previously," Almaz Sydykov said.
Gradually, the National Bank plans to fully replace the banknotes in circulation by the modified ones.
In view of the demand for large denomination bills, banknotes of 100, 200 and 500 soms will be introduced in the circulation first on January 1, 2017.
At present, the Kyrgyz banknotes have safety signs:
- Watermark. The three-dimensional watermark corresponding to the portrait on the banknote and the nominal figure.
- Security thread of window type with numeric rating. It is visible as a continuous strip in light.
- Holographic stripe. Images replace each other depending on the denomination when look-up angle of the banknote is changed.
New protective changes in banknotes of 2016 sample:
- Definite portrait made by the classical method.
- Mask element. The word "som" appears in light. This is a visible sign to view the backnote by population.
- Year made - 2016.